Friday, July 23, 2010

If Grace is an Ocean, We're All Sinking


"If grace is an Ocean, we're all sinking." This is what I wake up and see every morning. This gigantic body of water. And every morning, I look as hard as I can to see something, anything on the other side of that great expanse. And every morning the same result, I only see the horizon where the water and sky meet. This is remarkable to me. Consciously I know there is something on the other side of that water, but I see something that continues on forever. Yes, I know that a ten year old could get this. But here is what is so remarkable to me. Grace is so amazing that it really is endless, and that space I see, where the water and sky meet, in terms of grace, doesn't even exist. And here is the kicker. It is by nothing I have done to be able to receive this grace. It is a gift from our God, who loves of enough to give us this rare gift. And He has given us so much of it, that we are completely consumed in it, that once we have discovered it, it is so hard to remove ourselves from it, almost impossible. And that is the beauty of it, once I tasted that grace, I do not not want to remove myself from it. I'm just a simple sinner, who is saved on by sinking in His ocean of grace. And I would love to see the rest of the world sinking in His grace with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment