Monday, May 23, 2011

Love writes a letter and sends it to Hate

So the Avett Brothers came to Samford. Needless to say I was super excited. Then I found out I would be sitting 8 rows back, my excitement grew into elation. Although the opening band was, ummmm, interesting, with a singer that was Jack Black and Alan from the Hangover combined, when Avett came on the show began. And that was the thing it wasn't just a concert, it was indeed a show. They started by singing one of my personal favorites, "The weight of lies" and then it picked up. From leg kicks and jumping to an awesome Asian cellist how knew how to jam, this band was a perfect combination of rock, classical, and countryish. The two actual brothers' voices are unique and hypnotizing. Great individually, when they duet it is obvious they were well born to sing together.

Again I will say if you have the chance to see these guys live, do it. Their records, although awesome, kill it live. And they have so much fun while doing it. Their set list was AMAZING, with peaks and troughs at the perfect time, and energy from start to finish. Emotion in every song from joy to sadness. These boys are wonderful, I cannot say anything bad about this performance! You boys stole my heart. P.S. Thanks Kvic for those awesome seats!



Avett songs that I enjoy...Well I enjoy them all so here a few suggestions
1. The weight of lies
2.Ballad of Love and Hate


3.Brooklyn, Brooklyn


4. Murder in the City (Maybe my favorite)


5. Shame


6.Slight Figure of speech (I just want to jump up and down to this song)


7.Head full of Doubt (actually probably my favorite)


8.Heart drum kick



Again I say they are all good! P.S. if you like Avett check out Mumford and Sons they are great.

1 comment:

  1. Girl. You should totally add Talk on Indolence to this list!

    "reading and writing and reading and thinking and searching...."

    i LOVE avett! and you ;)

    ReplyDelete