Sunday, May 22, 2011

And they call the thing Rodeo




When I was young I believed there were only two kinds of music, the hymns we sang in church, and country. By age ten my best friend and I knew every Garth Brooks song by heart and sang them on the playground. Needless to say this concert was the concert of my dreams, and if I saw him live I could never go to a concert again and be happy. But ten years later I knew I would never see this man perform live, I gave up that dream...


Until I heard he was playing a benefit concert for the Nashville flood victims...DREAM BACK ON!


As Garth Brooks came into my view, Rodeo was the song that he was singing at the top of his lung. A man in boots, jeans, denim shirt, and to top it off a cowboy hat singing two concerts a night for eight days straight. This was the first time I had been to a concert where every seat was full, and every person, young and old, was singing Every Single Song at the top of his or her lungs.


This was indeed the best concert I had ever been to. As the concert continued Garth gained more energy, and by the end of the night he was sprinting around the stage. And Trishia Yearwood made an appearance and sang "In Love with a boy!" He was the most electrifying performer I have ever seen, and he truly loves what he does. As the concert ended my heart was swelling with joy. One of my dreams had come true. If you can ever see Garth in concert do it, he is wonderful.


My top Garth Songs (in no particular order, cause I mean who can really choose)


1. Friends in Low Places


2. Baton Rogue


3. Standing Outside the Fire


4. Thunder Rolls


5. The Dance


6. Rodeo


7. Two Pina Coladas


8. We Shall Be Free


9.Much to Young


10. Unanswered Prayers


11. More than a Memory


.....


I mean I really like it all.


Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment