Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Step by step



Walking. It seems like such a simple task, placing one foot in front of the other. I have been doing this for what now 19 or 20 years. It has become just as natural as breathing, I never have to think to myself, "ok feet walk please."



Until this semester of college my school work was kind of like walking. I had to try don't get me wrong, but I could afford to take naps, put off studying till the night before a test, ect (you get the picture.) As first semester junior year hit I was knocked flat on my back and stayed down for the count. I have had to learn to crawl, fall continuous amounts of times (too many to count), pull myself back up, and eventually learn to walk all over again. And even now I am so shaky on these feet that I have used for the past 20 years of my life.


This semester God has showed me that I literally have to place one foot in front of the other daily. He has taught me that I have to take one day at a time and sometimes every hour one at a time. My God has shown me that through all this He has provided just enough no more, no less,


just enough.

He has shown me in all things just move towards Him, whether at a full sprint or at the slowest of crawls... Just Move.

And my God is so good that He meets me where I am. He is with me when I walk, crawl, and fall, and He is right there to pick me up and say. "Be still and know that I am God, I am here, We will get through this together, and I AM NEVER LEAVING YOU."



My God has also shown me the importance of friendships, and how they get you through the days, the hours, the minutes, where you feel like the whole world is crashing in on you. And that when you fall down and feel like you cannot walk anymore when you cannot take another step towards your goal, they pick you up and carry you. They move you.



So to all of those that have picked me up and carried me this semester, or at any point of my life. I cannot thank you enough. I love you from the bottom my heart and can never put it into words.








No comments:

Post a Comment